Sprouted Wheat, Seed & Millet Pumpkin Waffles
Pumpkin Waffles are a comfort food classic. We're sharing our healthy twist that will keep your family and friends begging for more!
1 C pumpkin puree
1/2 C cornmeal
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 C almond milk
15-20 drops SweetLeaf Stevia English Toffee Flavor
1/4 C olive oil
1 Tbsp orange zest
1 tsp allspice
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Vegetable spray, for waffle iron
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, millet, cornmeal, flax, baking powder and salt; set aside
2. In another bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, almond milk, SweetLeaf, olive oil, orange zest and spices
3. Stir wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir thoroughly to combine
4. Using a 1/2 C measuring scoop, place batter onto the preheated, oiled waffle iron
5. Cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes
6. Repeat until all batter is gone. Top with maple syrup, cream*, cinnamon and more orange zest.
*We used So Delicious CocoWhip!. Sub a Greek or plant-based yogurt for an even healthier topping.